Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

The Junk Yard

Yesterday morning I needed to go to the junk yard. My volvo had failed emissions, and I found that a crucial hose was sucking wind like a gaping chest wound. I knew I could buy that hose for about $40 new and about $10 at the junkyard. My wife said she'd go to the junkyard with me. This was a big deal to me. She doesn't like junkyards like I do, but volunteered to go anyway. It must be love. An umpire I know, Nils, said, "a girlfriend will go out to watch her boyfriend play baseball, but a wife will stay home." Well, not my wife. I feel very lucky. So I bought the parts for $11, put them in, took the car back to the test only station, and my NO problem was gone, I passed emissions! It was a good day.

Comments:
Keep up the good work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?